Gear ID Game:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan once bubbled...

I think this is just the reaction Edge was expecting. Of course I thought it, but I was hoping no one would respond that way :wink:

I was hoping that too. It proves that beautiful models should not be used for diving advertisements. It distracts the male diver away from the equipment and also turns off female divers.

However male divers do not have a problem looking at male models in dive gear and females don't either.

So there is some sexism in dive advertisement. And in this case being beautiful doesn't always help.

Thanks girls and guys

I totally agree ... and I hoped that my answer would trigger your reactions in this way. Good that there is still some common sense on this board. Nice place to be around!

I thought that a subtle post needs a subtle reaction. :wink:

Ray

MerKiwi once bubbled...
I think the model's Sung Hi Lee.

Right! She is Sung Hi Lee, a playboy model.

Funny though about all the gear, comes from Aqua-lung.

The whole picture was kinda artsie, I had to cut out the revelant parts to make this game/experiment.

"In 1991 Sung Hi enrolled at Ohio State University and spent three years in an exercise psychology program. One day, she threw away her dream of being a doctor and left the university in favor of full-time modeling in New York. However, with measurements of 5’4", 106 pounds, 33" B -cup bust (reshaped at some time as she has revealed), 23" waist, and 33.5" hips, she was a bit short for the New York modeling scene and frequently took the red-eye flight to Los Angeles jobs. At that time the first photographs of Sung Hi appeared in Playboy’s Book of Lingerie"

But enough of that.

Edge once bubbled...

Right! She is Sung Hi Lee, a playboy model.

Funny though about all the gear, comes from Aqua-lung.

The whole picture was kinda artsie, I had to cut out the revelant parts to make this game/experiment.

Well, she's an actress too. Not a very good one, but better than most models turned actress. She was in one nifty flick called Error in Judgement with Joe Montegna and there was one particularly cool scene where her character (an artist) covers herself with paint and rolls around on a canvas. She was also in Nurse Betty (2000, starred Morgan Freeman and Renee Zellweger). Of course I recognized her, but didn't want to mention it :wink:

jonnythan once bubbled...

She was also in Nurse Betty (2000, starred Morgan Freeman and Renee Zellweger). Of course I recognized her, but didn't want to mention it :wink:

Saw that movie recently... must've blinked and missed her. What'd she do in Nure Betty?

Nice brief Edge... heh... mmm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom