Gear rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobeachlovers

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking to rent gear (bcd, reg, weights and tank),and do buoyancy check and just some general buoyancy control practice. Any suggestions on a location to both rent gear and do some shore practicing thats reasonably priced?
(Staying downtown but can travel to site via rental or taxi).
Thanks

Dive Paradise at Hotel Cozumel would be close for you and has a decent shore dive. Pepe's at Coral Princess up north is good too. I have done shore dives in both areas and for just a checkout dive I would do Dive Paradise. Current is tamer there and there still is a fair amount to see.

Last edited:
Agree with Brian (Zman). Easy entry spot & I do exactly what you're doing at the start of each trip but with my own gear which I service myself. It's right next door to Scuba Club and regulars there seem to think it's got good shore diving. This is what I've seen over the years. Depth runs from roughly 12 feet to 35 or so a bit out from shore. My practice is to work my way south (into the current) & eventually ride it back. https://flic.kr/s/aHskG82Mm6

Per the February roll call it shows that you were probably going to dive with 3P. If that is still correct just check with Pony or Jeanie and most likely the shop can set you up with a tank and rig to do a pre-dive buoyancy check out.

Per the February roll call it shows that you were probably going to dive with 3P. If that is still correct just check with Pony or Jeanie and most likely the shop can set you up with a tank and rig to do a pre-dive buoyancy check out.
Thought about that but wasnt sure where I'd use the gear if from them that be easy to get to without a long haul of gear ?

Might be an easy solution by getting the gear from TP & renting the tank & lead at Hotel Coz. I think it's $6 to $7 for that plus it's an easy place to do what you want to do. If you have pesos I think it's a touch cheaper than the US figure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom