Gear rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, I'll check into that. I contacted Dive Paradise and they wont reserve tanksfor that and cant guarantee any day thay they will have tanks available..

I contacted both Scuba Club Cozumel and Blue Angel via Facebook messenger about renting tanks and doing their shore dives. Both responded with appropriate details quickly and enthusiastically. You can do the same if interested. :)

Thanks, I'll check into that. I contacted Dive Paradise and they wont reserve tanksfor that and cant guarantee any day thay they will have tanks available..

I've never had anyone be out of tanks.

I stay at Hotel Coz & will be there late tomorrow & can't say I've seen them run out of tanks BUT they do have a lot of classes & discover scuba lessons that could drain the supply but not until mid afternoon or so. If you think you can do your shore dive in the AM I doubt there'd be a problem.

Are you sure Hotel Coz is open to non-guests shore diving at their site? I thought it used to be not the case.

Although I have not shore dove at BA for 2 years when I did it was nice.
They have easy entry, rinse tanks, shower, and banos. Added plus you can have lunch and or stay for happy hour, dinner, and watch the sunset. Lots of critters to see around the sting ray prison and heading south there are several smaller coral heads with more critters. It is a great place to practice different skills. Depths range 15-18' on average. Current normally flows from south to north.
Taxis are also readily available to take you back to town.

Response from DP...wasnt interested in barracuda but no response yet about hotel coz....have reached out to scuba club and ba just awaiting response...

Our Hotel Barracuda dive shop location - shore tanks must not leave that area.
(Shore tanks are $6 each (must show c-card) - can not confirm, based on tank availability.)
NOTE: Dive shop at Hotel Barracuda must have equipment / tanks returned before they close for the day.
TO BE PAID IN CASH IN COZUMEL (equipment and park fees)...
Equipment Rental Package - Any or all of the following: Regulator with SPG and depth gauges B.C. with power inflator, mask, snorkel, fins (for trip only) US$16 per day (if needed).

Thanks – these are dates during our very busy CARNAVAL period – so tanks could be in short supply.
Kathy
Dive Paradise Reservations

The beach club area at Hotel Cozumel is open to all (as per Mexican Law) & although I can't specifically say I've seen non guests do a shore dive using the in house op I've seen & talked to both walk in's from the houses in the area (tourists renting) & even met people I dove with earlier in the day with another dive op (other than Dive Paradise). Technically the beach club is for public use but that is the beach club & water, not the lounge chairs etc which are for guests. That said again walk in's do use them & unless it's a busy day staff & security don't seem to bother them. My wife has also watched a few walk in's help themselves to the buffet but that didn't end well.

Lol on the buffet! Hotel coz would be my choice, but trying to get a backup plan if tanks and/ or gear isn't available through them.

Honestly, I think you're overcomplicating this. I doubt anyone is going to reserve tanks for you for a shore dive because it just isn't a material part of their business, but if you show up at the common shore dive sites - Hotel Barracuda, Hotel Cozumel, Blue Angel, Villa Blanca, Casa del Mar - it's highly likely you'll find tanks and weights to rent. And if one doesn't for some reason, hail a taxi and move on to the next site. I'd recommend starting at Blue Angel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom