Gear Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My wife and I are new to diving and broke in our gear this weekend at Clear Springs Scuba Park - Bonaire the first week of June thank God. I know Dive Shops store everything on hangers - is this the best for the gear, including BC - octo - and wetsuits. Thanks for the help.

FortWorthDiver once bubbled...
My wife and I are new to diving and broke in our gear this weekend at Clear Springs Scuba Park - Bonaire the first week of June thank God. I know Dive Shops store everything on hangers - is this the best for the gear, including BC - octo - and wetsuits. Thanks for the help.

I put a lot of my stuff on hangers... BC, suit, gloves etc. I put my small gear (computer, reg, lights, etc) on some nifty plastic shelves I picked up at Wal Mart. Any gear that you hang up should be fine though. Just try not to put too much stress on any part of anything you hang up. Use a nice thick hanger for a wetsuit, or you might get creases. Don't bend the entire weight of the reg set over one hose. Just use common sense.

Many LDSs will sell you hangers if you ask. The standard, thick wetsuit hangers run between $10-15 at most LDSs I've bought them.

My budy, his wife and I have about 12-13 BC hangers, 9-10 wetsuit hangers, 2 'big-shoulder' dry-suit hangers and 2 hood/glove/booty drying hangers between us...

I got a bunch of BC and wetsuit hangers at a scuba swap meet cheep (about $5 each) and the rest just bought from our LDS.
We just clean/rinse our stuff and hang it up in his outside (enclosed for security) shower and move it to the SCUBA closet when it's dry (he lets me keep my stuff at his place as I live in a small apartment.

Ditto on how you hang things. Especially the regs. Dont put a lot of weight on them.

And, be sure to inflate your bcd about half way. You should be running clean water through the bladder as part of the cleaning process....get as much out as you can then inflate.

Most important gear stored is gear most likely to nead a service.
So before your next vac give all gear a good going over or take it to an expert.
Remember not all dive stores can service gear
they say they can but check for their supplier service contracts.
Howard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom