Gear wash for beach diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DJ457

Contributor
Reaction score
So at the last dive show I saw a pressurized container with a hose to wash your dive gear when doing beach diving.
Do any of you guys know what I'm talking about? I can't remember the name of the darn thing.

---------- Post added June 26th, 2015 at 04:27 PM ----------

Never mind. I found it. It's called rinse kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXKL1QqkIbI

Sounds like you're talking about a "garden sprayer" from your local hardware store.

Sounds like you're talking about a "garden sprayer" from your local hardware store.

LMAO fisheater. This product is pretty cool though.

If you want to spend 4 times as much money. Jeez. I just looked up "rinse kit." Seems gimmicky to me.

Were I to get something like that, I'd get a cheap garden sprayer and maybe even a "solar shower" bag (just a plastic water bag that's black to absorb radiant heat) to refill it for greater capacity.

But, I just use a 5 gallon plastic bucket with lid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko

So at the last dive show I saw a pressurized container with a hose to wash your dive gear when doing beach diving.
Do any of you guys know what I'm talking about? I can't remember the name of the darn thing.

Played with one at DEMA. Pretty cool actually. I'd love to figure out how to secure one to a truck bed in Bonaire.

When I used to do sea kayaking I would take a garden sprayer and wash the saltwater off the boat before loading it on top of the car. Worked great.

Buy a garden pressure sprayer, paint it black if you're in a warm climate and want hot water, ratchet it down in the back of the truck and leave in direct sunshine whilst you dive.

Rinsekit is awesome. It's $80 on amazon. We kiteboard locally and our spot is gross mud/sand mix. It sucked getting in the car covered in it. I figured for $80 it was worth a shot. I'm considering getting a second one to kep in our second vehicle. It fills in seconds, runs for 4 minutes on the "shower" setting, and everybody looks at you like you're a magician when you're pulling a hose out of your car. The shower setting is enough to clean off two people and alot of our kite gear. We also use it to spray the feet off on our drysuits after cave dives so we're not getting crap in the car. We don't spray off our dive gear. Depending on how much spraying you need to do it would be awesome. Just remember it's 4 minutes. There are lower settings on the hose, but they're kind of worthless. The hard stream setting is pretty strong too, but it will use up the water quickly. I would highly highly recommend one.

My first thought was just get a garden sprayer like everyone else is saying but then I watched the video. There is no way you are going to get that amount of volume and pressure out of a standard garden sprayer with out wearing your self out pumping the thing. I sure the way this works is there is a chamber with a rubber bladder in the middle of it. The bladder is pressurized with air on one side and the water is on the other side. If this is the case I wonder if there would be a way to depressurize the bladder, pour in two gallons of water and then repressurize it with air from a scuba tank. This way you can recharge it at the dive site.

My first thought was just get a garden sprayer like everyone else is saying but then I watched the video. There is no way you are going to get that amount of volume and pressure out of a standard garden sprayer with out wearing your self out pumping the thing. I sure the way this works is there is a chamber with a rubber bladder in the middle of it. The bladder is pressurized with air on one side and the water is on the other side. If this is the case I wonder if there would be a way to depressurize the bladder, pour in two gallons of water and then repressurize it with air from a scuba tank. This way you can recharge it at the dive site.

Think what you are describing is this...
Fire Extinguisher.jpg

Buckeye 2.5 Gallon Water Class A Fire Extinguisher - Rechargeable - UL Rating 2-A

2.5 gallons and less than $80 fill it with an electric bicycle pump

Back
Top Bottom