Gekko dead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dannybot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My ten year old Gekko is not functioning for me. It keeps time and memory is intact, but when water activated, I only get "AC" on the screne.

It did work on one dive (I carried my back up computer), but only activated at 50 fsw depth--50 fsw was the zero point! I cleaned the contacts and repalced battery, but no improvement.

Is it worth trying to repair? Is it worth anything? Or should I just look to replace?

Thanks.

[h=2]Gekko dead?[/h]

Wait... what?

geico-psd-447462.png

Hi,
have you put it in warm fresh water for an hour or two and flushed it then? This way you may get rid of some heavier plug that has built up over time...

br Hendrik

Thanks Hendrik. I've only really flushed it with warm water and dove with it in 82 degree salt water.....

if I ever get to go home from work, I'll give it a try.

Thanks Hendrik. I've only really flushed it with warm water and dove with it in 82 degree salt water.....

if I ever get to go home from work, I'll give it a try.

did you manage to resurrect it or has it officially gone to a better place?

If you really love it, I have one I'd be willing to part with. PM me.

My ten year old Gekko is not functioning for me. It keeps time and memory is intact, but when water activated, I only get "AC" on the screne.

It did work on one dive (I carried my back up computer), but only activated at 50 fsw depth--50 fsw was the zero point! I cleaned the contacts and repalced battery, but no improvement.

Is it worth trying to repair? Is it worth anything? Or should I just look to replace?

You should replace it with a ZOOP/GEKKO which are now less than $200.00 and falling.

ive got a gekko as well, hardly used, $100

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom