Genesis duct foam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grantmac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've got my hands on a used Genesis 1200 and it appears there is some wear on the duct, possibly through the outer fiberglass.

I'm experienced enough with composite repair to handle this no problem but I'm curious if the foam is closed cell (doesn't absorb water).

-Grant

I've got my hands on a used Genesis 1200 and it appears there is some wear on the duct, possibly through the outer fiberglass.

I'm experienced enough with composite repair to handle this no problem but I'm curious if the foam is closed cell (doesn't absorb water).

-Grant
The shroud will not absorb water. It's an incompressible "foam" from the deep submersible ROV industry. @Jon Nellis can probably provide you will repair/patch instructions.

The shroud will not absorb water. It's an incompressible "foam" from the deep submersible ROV industry. @Jon Nellis can probably provide you will repair/patch instructions.
Excellent thanks! Epoxy and fiberglass cloth should do the job.

The nozzles are structural urethane foam, there is no epoxy or fiberglass. Early nozzles were not painted, but they would lighten in color with age and UV exposure. They have been painted since around 2016. They can be refinished with normal primer and paint. If you want to get fancy, airbrush some fish scales on it and post a picture.

The nozzles are structural urethane foam, there is no epoxy or fiberglass. Early nozzles were not painted, but they would lighten in color with age and UV exposure. They have been painted since around 2016. They can be refinished with normal primer and paint. If you want to get fancy, airbrush some fish scales on it and post a picture.

Excellent info as always Jon. Guess the cave rash on this one is simply paint deep and can be used as is.

My artistic abilities are very low so I don't see getting too creative. Although adding some bring colour to make it visible is probably a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom