Geo Dead with no warning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dewalds

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I've had my Geo for a full 2 weeks and this morning it died with no warning whatsoever. I don't know if it's the battery, since I didn't see any low battery indicators. I've not even dived with it yet!!

It was out of deep sleep mode though when i received it. Is it possible that it's only the battery and not something more omnious?

I've been playing with the data cable a lot and just in general "fiddling" with it and playing with uploading/dowloading the settings etc. Can this lead to it dying/battery going flat incredibly fast?

Thanx in advance!

Just an update on this. Turned out to be the battery...

Just a little bit concerning that I didn't get any warning prior to it shutting down.

Cheers

Make sure your replacement batteries are VARTA, PANASONIC, or SONY. Lesser batteries can't recover from the high draw required for dive mode and back light use. Your watch will use more juice during dive mode, and much more during light activation. Still, with the proper battery, you should get about a year's worth of rec diving or so.

Same thing happened to my Geo. Got it last October 2008. It was in deep sleep mode out of the box. Logged less than 20 dives. Last dive January 2009. Is there any setting that could possibly drain the battery that fast?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom