Get in your best shape for Bonaire Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ROXANNE

Artist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Join in and share your goals and achievements to get in your best shape for Bonaire.

Shore diving in Bonaire can be very physical.
Strength and balance can help make your entries and exits easier,
especially when there are rocks and surge to navigate.
I thought it might be a great idea to start a fitness thread
to get the Crew ready for all those shore diving plans.

Make your plans.
Get moving, walking, healthy eating, weight loss,
strength training, steps per day, balance, great recipes, etc.
Set your goals, share what you want, and encourage each other
to get in your best shape for Bonaire!

While this is not exactly a health/fitness post, the mention of balance is important.
With a bad leg, Bonaire shore diving could often pose difficulties for me because of my bad balance.
When visiting Bonaire I learned to bring a folding walking stick, stowed in a mesh pouch that clips on my back plate.
Having that 3rd leg sure helps on entries and exits!
Also, and this may have already been mentioned earlier and elsewhere, but full foot fins are NOT a good option for shore diving. Boots with tough soles which help with footing and protect your feet, and spring or strap fins work best for Bonaire's most popular style of diving.
Are we there yet? :jump:

I am refocusing on losing the weight I've gained over the past couple years, and seeing this thread is perfect timing. I am recommitting to WW (weight watchers) which includes healthy eating and exercise.

I am refocusing on losing the weight I've gained over the past couple years, and seeing this thread is perfect timing. I am recommitting to WW (weight watchers) which includes healthy eating and exercise.
We are doing the same!

Attachments

• IMG_8996.jpeg
    IMG_8996.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 41
Rum. 1 shot = 3pts. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom