Get my non-diving wife on a liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My secret to a happy marriage was separate vacations. It worked too. I was happy right up to my divorce.

I dragged my girlfriend along on my last liveaboard vacation. Let it suffice to say she is planning our next vacation.

You might get her to make a deal with you on a shorter liveaboard. When I was in Thailand you could find 2-3 day trips that much not be so much of a sacrifice for her. Depends on what and where you are looking I suppose.

Oddly enough, one trip we had a non-diver aboard that wasn't attached to anyone else. She was just sorta there on the boat. Very strange. Also considered herself the Queen of Seasickness Knowledge apparently, so it's even less reason to be on a boat for no apparent reason.

I managed to convince my non-diving g/f to spend a week on a liveaboard in the Maldives. She loves the sun, so spent most of the 6 days sunbaking on the top deck, with some snorkelling in between. The big difference though was that all of us knew eachother through the guy that booked the boat, so we already knew half the people on board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom