Get Ready Conchs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmufieldhockey8:
If it ends up a hurricane it'll be my very first.

uh oh....we got a virgin! once you go through one though, you fully understand what all the fuss is about. people always wonder (non-floridians, etc.) why people freak about gas, water, wood, storm shutters, etc. but once you go through a decent storm, you understand. i stood on my back porch for a few minutes, just for the experience, as the backside of wilma (the nasty side) passed over naples last year, and that was pretty crazy. my house was like an iron castle. no light makes for a very depressing time.

looks like the most recent forecast has it heading towards th upper keys and brushing by miami/ft lauderdale....every track update moves it further to the right...not that I wish anything bad to the Bahamians, but if that trend continues, it sure would bode well for us conchs...let's hope that Cuba breaks this storm up significantly!

Doh! You said the R word. I bet Scuba Jenny comes over for the hurricane party now!

Florida Impressions:
At least I'm fully stocked up on rum and fuel.

Thanks for reminding me! I need to go shopping for esssential hurricane supplies: batteries, ice, and GIN.

Might be time for a hurricane dance party

ARGH!!!! we have a dive trip planned for sunday in Key Largo. Should we cancel? I dont wanna go out there and swim through some cloudy milk out there :/

*sigh* guess i'll be drinking some mojitos and watching my grass get watered

So I don't sound selfish or insensitive, I'll first make the required good-luck-be-safe comment:

Good luck to all you Floridians, hope you all ride it out ok.

Now hopefully you will all be so distracted with my well-wishes that you won't notice as I slip in the real reason for my post:

I'll be in Marianna diving Twin and Hole on Sat and Sun and then in the Lauraville area the rest of the week (would like to do Peacock/OG, Telford, Ginnie, Cow, LR, etc). Is it likely everything will be flooded out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom