• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Getting in touch with Vance Harlow - oxyhacker - Airspeed Press

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself - DIY' started by Pete.the.scuba.ewok, Jan 6, 2016.

1. divad

divad Solo Diver

Fair play to Airspeed Press...................... Great bang for the buck.

2. gr8jab

gr8jab Manta Ray

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    There are dozens of easy and straight forward DRM solutions, from Amazon, Lulu, Adobe, and others. If you don't like that, you can add custom document signing or watermarks to each PDF sold, so the original purchaser can be identified. Sure it can be broken/erased, but I can unbind one of those loose-leaf books and scan it into a PDF in 10 minutes anyway.

My opinion is they should spend time marketing their books and expanding their inventory, not printing, binding, and mailing. Even if there were piracy, total sales would go up and cost-of-sales would drop dramatically. More volume, more margin.

3. Ben_79

Ben_79 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I ordered and paid for the reg maintenance book about 3 weeks ago, unfortunately I haven’t received a confirmation email and I am having issues trying to contact them. I’m Starting to think that I may of just wasted my money

4. happy-diver

happy-diver Skindiver ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Think less and be patient more

PT4476, rhwestfall and Ben_79 like this.
  5. stepfen

stepfen Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    FYI I ordered the same book last Sunday (30th of June) and I just received a shipping notice from Paypall (including tracking number).
    Good luck...

6. roberlin

roberlin Garibaldi

I ordered mine maybe a month ago. 13 days later I didn't have any confirmation or tracking. Then I sent them an email and they mailed it the next day. So you might try giving them a ping.