Getting new card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pdillard

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I read some interested post on the net about divers lost their cards and having trouble getting a new card. One of the agencies people were having problems with is NAUI. Well I quit diving for 30 years and about 5 years ago I moved to Tn. I wrote NAUI, I think I even called them to. Beleive it or not I rememberd my instructors name. They sent me a new card. I think it cost $30.00 . Im now an advance diver with NAUI. I figure the instructor then made such an impression on me I remembered his name I had to stay with them.

Among other things, this is a great reason for keeping your log books. Every one of my training dives is stamped with a large NAUI logo, signed by the instructor and includes his instructor number.

Richard

Yep. The good 'ole days. I had trouble getting a replacement for my NASDS cards... SSI still doesn't know what I'm talking about when I tell them I'm "Expert" certified. Eventually they found some form of my records because I knew the shop's name and my instructor's name after more than 20 years.

I did manage to find my AOW c-card and get a kick out of showing it off. Microfiche... what a concept.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom