Getting the stink out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could also wash it in a little bit of laundry detergent and wash by hand or on delicate cycle.

TOM

I'm going to give the Listerine a shot, the sink the stink doesn't seem to do it anymore.

Personally if it stinks that badly I'd buy a new one! Then look after the new one properly. Rinse after each dive, hang up nicely to dry before putting it away etc.

Otherwise try a peg over the nose whilst putting it on! I guess at some point you'll have to take it off though. The peg that is.

Fabric Softner may also work.

I like using Dial Anti bacterial. Seems to work well.

Retro:
Has anyone tried white vinegar ?

That's waht I use and what most BC manufacturers suggest. Rinse with a mild solution and warm water, dry throughly. No Smell.

Dave

BTW Simple green and Listerine both contain alcohol and ethylene glycol (engine coolant). Both are not good for your gear and plastics.

Dave

Did you soak it in fabric softener and then hang out to dry? Usually will take out smell and leaves it touchabley soft!

Teamcasa:
BTW Simple green and Listerine both contain alcohol and ethylene glycol (engine coolant). Both are not good for your gear and plastics.

Thanks for posting this. I'll try the vinegar instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom