Getting to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kleppta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been wanting to go to Bonaire for sometime now but being from Canada (Toronto) I am finding that flight conections are quite challenging and/or expensive.

My question is, has anyone from the Toronto arera figured out a a realitivy inexpensive some what direct route to get to Bonaire?

I have tons of Aeroplan miles (Air Canada, US Airways, United are all partners), but find the conections make a 4 or 5 hours flight into a 12 or 14 hours excursion.

To pay for the flight I'm looking at close to $1000.00 or sometime more.

Has anyone got some trick to getting there quick and cheap?

Can you use points to get to Aruba. If so do that and take a puddle jumper to Bonaire from there.

I prefer to take American to Curacao and then DIVI DIVI to Boanire.

Only issue is the weight restrictions on the DIVI DIVI!

Try these choices:

For weekdays...fly into Miami then Insel to Bonaire via Curacao (Insel Air Curacao - Welcome to Insel Air)
American to Curacao (via Miami) then DAE (DAE - Book your flight to Aruba, Bogota, Bonaire, Caracas, Curacao, Santo Domingo, St. Maarten, Valencia - Dutch Antilles Express - Book your flight to Aruba, Bogota, Bonaire, Caracas, Curacao, Santo Domingo, St. Maarten, Valencia - Dutch Antilles Ex)
On Sat/Sun look into Continental via Newark then direct to Bonaire or Delta via Atlanta on Saturdays.
Also, Insel does a direct flight to Bonaire on Saturdays out of Miami
If you choose to go through Aruba, you may want to look at Tiara Air (Tiara Air - Home) The have just changed their flight schedules DIRECT, NON STOP Aruba to Bonaire to Accommodate the flights arriving in Aruba for those who wish to continue on to Bonaire.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom