Getting to Marsa Alam from Cairo...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikyyo

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I'm in the process of trying to book a trip for next June on the Grand sea Serpent for a "simply the best itinerary). I have taken the advice of most on the board and I'm booking through a UK travel agent. However, it appears to me to be more financially advantageous to book the flight from NYC ourselves and fly directly from NYC to Cairo. Airfares to the UK are very similar in price to airfares to Cairo during that time of the year. Since Backhurst will deduct 200 pounds from the price of the trip if I'm not using the flying portion I can use that money toward the NYC-Cairo ticket. My question is how do I get to Marsa Alam from Cairo. Backhurst told me that their people flying from UK go directly there. Will I be able to pick up a flight there once I get to Cairo? This is all new to me as I have never been in the area before. Thanks.

If I remember well there are local planes from Cairo. another solution is a bus but this will take hours....
Mania

mania:
If I remember well there are local planes from Cairo. another solution is a bus but this will take hours....
Mania
Can't vouch for the accuracy of this but:
http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2003/666/tr7.htm

"Cairo-Marsa Alam schedule
EGYPTAIR recently introduced two weekly regular flights from Cairo to Marsa Alam.

"EgyptAir's scheduled flight service to Marsa Alam International airport is a key element in opening the area to wider access by international tourists and source markets, as well as providing easy and appealing access to the area by the domestic tourism market," said James Pringle, chief executive for the M A Kharafi Group's developments in the Marsa Alam area.

A one-week round trip ticket would cost LE1,488 for foreigners, while a two-week round trip ticket is priced at LE2,041. As for Egyptians, a round trip ticket costs LE465. Flights are scheduled for Thursday and Friday nights. EgyptAir is expected to schedule more flights in the near future."

at that price I'd swallow the difference and fly from Britain. It makes it less likely you'll have problems in the airports as the Backhursts reps and others on your boat will be waiting for/on the plane from the UK

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom