Giant Stride Weds evening

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom, a diver from Massachusetts is meeting you all, he is in San Antonio and driving up for the dive. We get to initiate him in our beautiful lake as a Texas Swamp Diver.

Actually I'm from Newport, Rhode Island and am looking forward to joining you. My only previous Texas dives were at Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell a few years ago. I wasn't able to rent a pony bottle but did pick up a steel 89 (?) and an aluminum 100. Sadly the only available tanks with EAN were aluminum 80 so I'll be diving air.

It's going to be nice diving in warm fresh water once again!

Probably a steel 98cf. manufactured by Beauchat or maybe Faber . At the deeps you guys will be diving with the lake down air is a good gas for you today. Wish I could also come down from north Tx. DFW but they are finally with all this rain getting my trees trimmed. Have fun and of course be safe.

PS-- R.I. is a awsome state!

Actually I'm from Newport, Rhode Island and am looking forward to joining you. My only previous Texas dives were at Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell a few years ago. I wasn't able to rent a pony bottle but did pick up a steel 89 (?) and an aluminum 100. Sadly the only available tanks with EAN were aluminum 80 so I'll be diving air.

Should any of you happen to find a 3 foot ,orange colored SMB in the vicinity of the bottom of the large tower at the Shaker Plant I would be most grateful for its return.

Thanks

For recreational diving in the lake, I have never seen a real advantage to diving anything other than air. I look forward to meeting you.

Alan,
So when are you thinking about coming down?

Carrie

Alan,
So when are you thinking about coming down?

Carrie

As soon as I get the roof replaced---geee this rain,,, and get the new gas tank installed in my 72' Chevelle,,,,,tree crew is hear today!!! And NO I am not driving my Chevelle to Austin! You folks have fun today on the dive/s.

Should any of you happen to find a 3 foot ,orange colored SMB in the vicinity of the bottom of the large tower at the Shaker Plant I would be most grateful for its return.

Thanks

Sure thing!

You all missed a fun Wednesday Sunset charter at Oasis Wall and Shaker Plant. Scubagypsy was inititiated as a new Texas Swamp Diver, Carrielsal and Texas Torpedo were diving their double rigs (I will let them share their experience), JamesR did a fine job as DM and Blomdiver got another dive in with his new semidry. The wind was blowing hard creating small ocean wave like effects and the ladder was pushed beyond its limit with the tech divers load and needs another repair. IanR33 SMB was recovered and Texas Torpedo decided to leave his mask until next time (well, maybe that is a stretch of the truth but I will leave that part for his dive report).

You all missed a fun Wednesday Sunset charter at Oasis Wall and Shaker Plant. Scubagypsy was inititiated as a new Texas Swamp Diver, Carrielsal and Texas Torpedo were diving their double rigs (I will let them share their experience), JamesR did a fine job as DM and Blomdiver got another dive in with his new semidry. The wind was blowing hard creating small ocean wave like effects and the ladder was pushed beyond its limit with the tech divers load and needs another repair. IanR33 SMB was recovered and Texas Torpedo decided to leave his mask until next time (well, maybe that is a stretch of the truth but I will leave that part for his dive report).

We're just not going to go there. :no:

Back
Top Bottom