Gilboa Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SouthSideScubaSteve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've got to be in central Indiana (right along the OH border) next Thursday afternoon for work and don't feel up to doing the 10 hour roundtrip in the same day. Since I'm going to need to stay overnight somewhere and I've never had a chance to dive Gilboa, I'm thinking of staying in the Findley area and sneaking in a couple of dives @ Gilboa Friday before heading back to the Chicago.

I checked the website and they've got the "the quarry is currently open" listed under the Conditions page.... Just wondering if any knows what the current/recent Viz & Temp's are at Gilboa??

I dived at Gilboa today. Viz was 25 feet earlier in the day..and then dropped to around 20 feet. It was busy today. Lots O' classes. Water temp at surface was 76 degrees. I found the thermocline to be around 20 feet. My minimum temp was 63 degrees. We stayed near the main area and did not go to the tubes. I wore a 7/5 fullsuit w/.5 mil rashguard and heavy gloves. I wore a beanie vs a hood. Some of my buds had no hood or gloves. All were reasonably comfortable.

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn in Findlay a few weeks ago. Clean but dated room. All ground floor. Room more than acceptable for me. Friendly service. Very cheap.

Hope this helps.

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom