Gilboa for the first time...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

was cancelled due to waves in excess of 3'...

I didnt take any pics (no camera) , but a couple in our group did

Didnt feed the fish , but came upon the bus immediately following a feed session and saw the aftermath... :)

didnt see the famous paddlefish, but Did see a huge Albino Carp... (and a couple catfish that looked like they were between 3-4' long!)

is that $15 per person???? i have to get my head around its a private park and those helicopters, trains and platforms gotta be paid for somehow

A day of quarry diving here in the beautiful midwest easily costs me anywhere from $50 to $80 for quarry entry fees, air/nitrox and fuel. That's one of the key reasons I'm only able to log around 60-70 dives a year.

Gilboa is one of my favorite places to dive. When I was in Hawaii diving with Justleesa, I found myself looking forward to diving my dear, ol' quarry! I won't be able to dive again until next spring/summer and I find myself looking forward to paying that $19 again!

The "parking" fee isn't technically for parking, though they don't explain it very well. The last I had this discussion with them, the "parking" fee is actually a "campsite usage" fee. Meaning that if you're going to be up top where all the cars park and have your gear up there, you'll be paying for the usage of that space- the "free area" is down on the tables by the ladders to the dock. So the BS "per person" fee isn't really for parking, it's for camping area usage (which is different from paying for a camping site). They have limited space up there. Their party; their rules.

I haven't been there since spring but that was the case then. But they don't explain it very well.

Regardless, I've paid $20 at Blue Springs just to get in. And both Portage and White Star are further for me (I drive north). Plus, Gilboa has IMO very good facilities.

Back
Top Bottom