Ginnie Springs conditions Sunday 101004...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merkin

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all, went canoeing on the Sante Fe yesterday and thought you might find these pictures of Ginnie Springs interesting. It was a very surreal trip gliding over barbecue grills 2' underwater at some of the spring sites upriver....Couldn't find the boils for Little Devil, Devil's Eye or Ear so maybe you can help me identify where the one photo was taken. I guess the good news is that watermarks on the treelines suggest the river has already receded 2-3'....

Yep, that's fairly high. I am hoping the megadive isn't cancelled due to the flooding. I like the paddle in the corner of the last pic.

So the depth at the grate in Ginnie is now closer to 66ft rather than 56ft, and you cant do 100% deco stops on the tables in the eye as it is now nearer 30ft :wink:

It doesnt look all that pretty and of course i bet the bugs were out in force as you paddled along the Santa Fe!

WOW ! does anyone have any idea when things might be back to normal? I had hoped to dive there on November 12.

I belive Ginnie opened its doors yesterday. Water level is now below the platform above the ball room..

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom