Ginnie Springs or other nearby location December 25, 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.... Anyone out there able to teach a TDI Full Cave class to an already-Intro student next week? ..
Dayo Scuba is TDI and running several cave classes next week (I was just in their shop Tuesday). Give them a call quickly.
Dayo Scuba Center LLC

Thank you very much for the link!

It turns out that Rob McGann (Dive With Rob (aka Florida Cave Diving) - Florida Cave Diving with Rob McGann) is running a class that week, and he's got room, so I'm squared away! Yay! And the class starts the 26th, which is when my other class was going to start. So it looks like I'm all set for the week....

... except for the 25th! :)

So, back to the original subject! :) @The Chairman : Are you still up for the 25th? Or, of course, anyone else? :)

It sounds like the only diving being done in the area is actually at Ginnie, so I'm just going to show up and see what happens. So, if you see a lonely diver wandering around, weeping silently to himself, come and say hi! :)

So, I’m here at Ginnie right now. Looks clear to this inexperienced half-cave diver!

The biggest problem is I can’t dive: no buddy. So, anyone up for a dive? Today to tomorrow? I really just want to play in the ballroom: make sure my gear works, properly weighted, etc. but I’m up for anything an intro cave diver can do.

Any takers?

So, I’m here at Ginnie right now. Looks clear to this inexperienced half-cave diver!

The biggest problem is I can’t dive: no buddy. So, anyone up for a dive? Today to tomorrow? I really just want to play in the ballroom: make sure my gear works, properly weighted, etc. but I’m up for anything an intro cave diver can do.

Any takers?
I would join you if I didn't already have plans, but I already got a bunch of people together for Blue Grotto tomorrow. Feel free to join us!

Thank you @oddcanary for the invite! At this point I’m kinda committed to Ginnie: I bought the annual pass... which kind of blows the budget for entrance fees! :)

I *think* I have a line on a buddy for tomorrow. Hopefully I can get past the front desk. They’re like the TSA of cave country! :)

But if anyone wants to head in and needs a buddy, I’m your guy! I’ll be heading out at 9AM tomorrow.

Not to encourage deceit but you can just tell the “front desk” checkers you are meeting your buddy at little devil (or turkey roost or wherever is appropriate). Shame they are giving people such a hard time. But their park, their rules.

I *think* I have a line on a buddy for tomorrow. Hopefully I can get past the front desk. They’re like the TSA of cave country! :)

But if anyone wants to head in and needs a buddy, I’m your guy! I’ll be heading out at 9AM tomorrow.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom