Ginnie Springs - Peaceful pre-Winter Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pics!

That's a lotta stairs, is it a popular swimming hole for the locals?

Nice pics!

That's a lotta stairs, is it a popular swimming hole for the locals?

Very popular for swimmers and tubers, also for divers. Ginnie has a neat cavern at Ginnie Spring(ballroom) and the Devils Eye has a bit of cavern zone and Devils Ear has a nice cavern. Lots of great photo opportunities as well.

Bugman the next question is...how long of a drive is it for us? And when are we going?

Very popular for swimmers and tubers, also for divers. Ginnie has a neat cavern at Ginnie Spring(ballroom) and the Devils Eye has a bit of cavern zone and Devils Ear has a nice cavern. Lots of great photo opportunities as well.

Bugman the next question is...how long of a drive is it for us? And when are we going?

IIRC, its like 5.5 hours from me, add 30 min for Shagman, and subtract 30 min from you to meet up with us at the interstate(although you could take CR20 for quite a ways, not sure if it will cost you more time or not). When are we going? I'd recommend us splitting on a Friday afternoon, so we have all Saturday at Ginnie, and we can hit up something else(Peacock Springs State Park - has a nice cavern at Peacock I and a nice set of caverns at Orange Grove Sink for you guys) on Sunday.

Road trip in the making!

IIRC, its like 5.5 hours from me, add 30 min for Shagman, and subtract 30 min from you to meet up with us at the interstate(although you could take CR20 for quite a ways, not sure if it will cost you more time or not). When are we going? I'd recommend us splitting on a Friday afternoon, so we have all Saturday at Ginnie, and we can hit up something else(Peacock Springs State Park - has a nice cavern at Peacock I and a nice set of caverns at Orange Grove Sink for you guys) on Sunday.

Road trip in the making!

Let me know I may have to head down as well. If I can get away from work.

What kind of Camera/lens are you using?

I am heading up that way on Friday. But it will be a long time before I consider bringing my camera with me on a cave dive.

Well we already have our January trip planned. I say we get this trip on the calendar for February or March. :D

Road trip in the making!

Great pictures!

Beautiful pics, InkDiver. I hope you don't mind ~ I put the first one on my desktop.
Thanks for sharing.
Easily Amused

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom