Glueing Back a lens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Today I was diving in a quarry in North Carolina and my gauge reader lens popped out. Is there a specific type of glue that I need to use?

Are you referring to a gauge magnifier lens? There probably is a special purpose glue that's used. Using any other glue, even a clear glue, may have different effects as the consistency will refract light differently.
I don't know what type of glue the manufacturers use.

But IMO buying a new packaged gauge lens magnifier would be a better choice of option. Follow the apply instructions to the dot. It's better than trying to Macgyver it and end up blowing a $120 gauge because you can no longer read it.

If you're talking about the Dive Optix lenses, I have them and have used the clear silicone window caulking. I put a tiny dab at each of the corners and it works exceedingly well. Use a very small amount. When you install the lenses, push down and out on the corners and that will get rid of most of the buildup that may be under the lenses. The little that is left will not hurt your view since it dries clear and is only in the corners. If you ever have to remove the lenses, you can with not much difficulty and the caulking on the mask will roll off with your fingers. Like always, make sure you clean the mask glass and lenses well before installing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom