GMC Metering regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

p1p

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the nuvair pro trimix analyzer, and am hooking it into my compressor output for trimix blending.

The Nuvair states it works with .5-2L gas flow.

I was looking at this regulator Automatic Metering Regulator to use to meter the gas flow into the analyzer but was concerned if its too much gas flow(states 2-4L, is it adjustable?).

thx!

---------- Post added January 10th, 2013 at 11:07 AM ----------

or alternatively, nuvair has a flow restrictor that is adjustable from .5-8l, with gauges for the same price.

^That is what I do, but I have a reg tester/regulator mounted into the plumping system for the banks. My friend gave me an old reg with a second stage that I put an LP inflator hose on and it allows me to check O2 output and monitor for CO, with my Nuvair meter (Plugs into compressor to kill it in a CO event), with both using the same the low pressure connecter at the same time with a plastic Y fitting (I am not blending trimix, just nitrox). My equipment is portable and lives in a sealed box so it can travel when needed.

This is the equivelant of what I use for a n inflator hose connector. Great for in the field gas testing. Should be available from your favorite dive store.
http://oxycheq.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=45

I bought this Dwyer flow meter for $10 from Ebay to run my CO off of, but haven't set it up yet. It requires a regulator before it first also. Cat. Number VFA 2 BV

144502d1357848452-gmc-metering-regulator-dwyer-1.jpg

144503d1357848463-gmc-metering-regulator-dwyer-2.jpg

Attachments

• Dwyer 1.JPG
    Dwyer 1.JPG
    390.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Dwyer 2.jpg
    Dwyer 2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 83
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom