Go Pro Hero 6 Black SD Card Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krbailey

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just purchased a Go Pro Hero 6 Black and accessories through Backscatter. I didn't purchase SD cards because the ones they recommend are not on the approved list on the Go Pro site. As well as prices being significantly different across the board. I had no problems with Backscatter and they have a very good reputation. A bit of Internet research was even more confusing as far as varied brands, types and specs that are "recommended". I was going to use Amazon Prime but apparently there is a lot of concern with fakes being passed off as legitimate brands.

Any advice/opinions would be welcome.

Thanks!

Keith

If you’re concerned about legit brands, why not just head down to Walmart or Staples, etc.?

I always use the Scan Microdisk brand (think that’s the name). Readily available at above mentioned stores, although more expensive than Amazon. Not sure if that brand is on the recommended list.

Use SanDisk class 10/UHS-1 or faster. Buy from Amazon as the vendor. You should be fine.

There are several models of the SanDisk Extreme

SanDisk Extreme Plus SDSQXWG

SanDisk Extreme Plus SDSQXSG.

SanDisk Extreme Plus SDSDXSF

SanDisk Extreme SDSDRX3

SanDisk Extreme Pro SDSDXP

All UHS-1, Speed class rating 10

Some of the comments recommend them for the Go Pro, some say they don't work

The Go Pro site doesn't specify a model

Last edited:
Use SanDisk class 10/UHS-1 or faster. Buy from Amazon as the vendor. You should be fine.

You'll want U3 for 4K video. My class 10 UHS-1 cards would throw an SD card error about every other video with my new Hero 6. Sometimes on 2.7K. They work great for 1440 or less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom