Go Pro U\W housing vs Backscatter U/W housing

Which housing would you choose?

• Go Pro

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Backscatter

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have to agree with Diver_Jan, get one with the red filter, the difference of having the "removable" filter will really surprise you. Especially if you aren't going to use any video lights, even on shallow shore dives but not above the surface (in other words, don't do a split, half underwater and half above with the filter on).

The red filter from go pro is on its way. I'm trying the dive housing today, we'll see.

The red filter from go pro is on its way. I'm trying the dive housing today, we'll see.
Just received my housing today...I mean my GF went to pick it up at Fedex outlet today. I will be reunited with them Saturday and I'll give it a try on Sunday. Where did you get the filter from???

Backscatter is coming out with a filter for the GoPro UW Case in late June according to their website. it attaches to the front and is removable.
I have the GoPro UW housing and really like the way the video turns out and cant beat the price of it. just waiting for that filter to come out now

I have Blur Fix flat lens by Snake River Prototyping. I like the clarity of the glass filter and the ability to easily change it to the red one. I am wanting to get one too but looking for less expensive options than the one SNP offers. They have ground down the edges to avoid vignetting. Other red lenses apparently cause some vignetting.

Back
Top Bottom