Go Sport Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It should be able to fit them with this jet fin type of attachment but I haven’t tried it.

I have genuine SP Jetfins spring straps so they should work?

I haven’t tried any of these straps yet personally, just passing along what I found because it sounded like others were interested too. Let us know if you try those Jet straps?

I originally posted my question with the idea of changing between the bungee and spring straps for wet and dry diving. Those Go Sport pins aren’t crazy to remove but would be annoying to pull 4 times for every change. I’m also not sure they would hold up for too many swaps. I wonder if it would be possible to use the pin from some of these spring straps in the bungee mount too?

It should be able to fit them with this jet fin type of attachment but I haven’t tried it.
Since you have both GSs & SNs ... How similar are the fin-side attachment blocks?

Reason I'm asking is that my OMS Slipstream spring straps fit fine in the rear two pin positions for the SuperNovas (and could probably be trivially modded to work in the front hole). They are available seperately and use the yoke and through-bolt style mounting. Might be an option for some.

Those Go Sport pins aren’t crazy to remove but would be annoying to pull 4 times for every change.

Not sure that I'd want to do that myself, swapping the different length straps and pulling the pin out every time I want to change the strap length.

Ok, here is what I see and have available, the jet fin spring systems will work, there are these type that use a screw and the other type that you squeeze together
IMG_9396.jpeg
IMG_9397.jpeg
IMG_9399.jpeg
IMG_9398.jpeg

They will fit, may not look great but will work.

What fins are the ones shown in your last two pictures? Not the Go Sport. They appear to have 3 holes for mounting the spring straps.
The S tek which are the same mount as the supernova, they just happened to be on top.

The S tek which are the same mount as the supernova, they just happened to be on top.

This is good news all around. Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom