Going back to Utila, need apt. or hotel recommendations walking distance to Alton's please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keesmon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I was in Utila in 2010 for a week with my dive buddy and did my rescue class at Alton's. Missed the whale sharks by a few days, but that's how it goes.
We loved Alton's so they'll get my business again.

In February I'm bringing my wife, who'll get her AOW while on Island, and my two sons who are getting their OW. This is a shoe string budget trip.

We can stay in Alton's dorms for free or close to free, but I was thinking it might be better to rent an apt. or two hotel rooms so that we're not on Alton's property 24/7 for the 8 days we are there.

Last time I stayed at Lazy Daze, but I'm trying to stay well under $100 a night if possible this trip.
Has anyone rented La Casita Verde, or La Utila (aka L.A. Apartments)? Are there any apts or houses walking distance to Alton's that are not showing up in my google searches? Kitchen would be good so we can feed the boys whenever they are hungry, which is most of the time.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
So I was in Utila in 2010 for a week with my dive buddy and did my rescue class at Alton's. Missed the whale sharks by a few days, but that's how it goes.
We loved Alton's so they'll get my business again.

In February I'm bringing my wife, who'll get her AOW while on Island, and my two sons who are getting their OW. This is a shoe string budget trip.

We can stay in Alton's dorms for free or close to free, but I was thinking it might be better to rent an apt. or two hotel rooms so that we're not on Alton's property 24/7 for the 8 days we are there.

Last time I stayed at Lazy Daze, but I'm trying to stay well under $100 a night if possible this trip.
Has anyone rented La Casita Verde, or La Utila (aka L.A. Apartments)? Are there any apts or houses walking distance to Alton's that are not showing up in my google searches? Kitchen would be good so we can feed the boys whenever they are hungry, which is most of the time.
Thanks in advance.
HEY THERE!!!! i hope you got already place to stay but if not its a small beautiful hotel not too far from altons and its in front of the ocean with small dock also, RUBIS INN, they have all what you looking for
cheers!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom