going for mccr that is so far everthing i know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i am interressted to get a rebreather ,do a lot of traveling and most important to me is the extended bottomtime and being a lill more flexible and i would say the best would be ccr scr ,after the infos i got i was eyballing the mccr kiss classic.
what is importand i am repeting myself :D i do travel and want stay as long as possible in the water submerged , my direction to go in austria if i do not travel would be DIR but according to them i would have to go tec courses first and than scr .
i don't have the time to go this way and also do not want to invest ,at least not for now, so much time and mony because the are not the cheapest ones with the rb80 's.

beside the fundi i will do also mccr or scr what i already know ,i do not want to go elektronical .
and now ,what do you guys thing i am thankfull for any recommentation ,toughts
and opinions ,thanx in advance .

Hi Christian,

he DIR lot has a lot going for themselves but tolerace in your choice of rebreathers is not among them. If you want to go the DIR route though, you might want to consider one of the many units ... inspired :wink: by Buchaly's design. There quite a few, most it seems coming from Germany. For most part they look the same at first glance, but differ in details as well as materials. If you follow the link in my signature and have a look through the SCR forum you'll come across several of them. They tend to be pretty large for most part since they were designed as gas extenders with large scrubbers for deep cave penetration. Not necessarily ideal for travel. Another problem with these can be training, as well as user certification. Both no issue with the Halcyon if you have the skills, time and money. Once you head down the DIR path I doubt you'll be considering short cuts a smart move, mostly because they aren't.

The Jetsam units are a solid choice, for travelling the Sport Kiss is hard to beat, but if you're looking at trimix the Classic is a better choice. Basic and advanced training is available from good instructors (even one who used to dive a Halcyon and is ... DIR influenced), and the rig has stood the test of time.

Another unit available is the German Submatix mCCR. I've only looked at them, a clean and uncluttered design. From what I gather they do have CE certification for it which may be important depending on your diving locations/destinations.

Last but not least there is the COPI Meg, a manually controlled version of the Megalodon. If you don't mind the clutter of the bags over your shoulders and chest the COPI is worth considering. The Meg has a big following and reputation of being unkaputtable.

Back
Top Bottom