going for the G11, need final assurance !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does the "freshwater" use mean?

N

I will be using the camera in freshwater, not saltwater.

I haven't seen any freshwater videos with the camera, so I wanted to make sure it's ok

Well, that is probably because it won't work in freshwater. There is a special freshwater sensor that when freshwater is detected the camera shuts off automatically to prevent freshwater damage to the PCB boards and kanoodle circuits that average out the waste gate flux diode issues in saltwater.

N

Dude, the camera will work in freshwater OK.

N

Well, that is probably because it won't work in freshwater. There is a special freshwater sensor that when freshwater is detected the camera shuts off automatically to prevent freshwater damage to the PCB boards and kanoodle circuits that average out the waste gate flux diode issues in saltwater.

N

:rofl3: you're evil.:wink:

N

LOL good one. But I meant visibility wise.

The place where I dive is not as clear as the saltwater pictures/videos I've seen.

I guess that has to do more with the lighting instead of the camera??

Even though I've been doing some research, I'm nervous about buying the 'wrong' camera :dork2:

I want to see some freshwater pics/vids with G11. Guess I just gotta buy it and see for myself !

LOL good one. But I meant visibility wise.

The place where I dive is not as clear as the saltwater pictures/videos I've seen.

I guess that has to do more with the lighting instead of the camera??

Even though I've been doing some research, I'm nervous about buying the 'wrong' camera :dork2:

I want to see some freshwater pics/vids with G11. Guess I just gotta buy it and see for myself !

Taking photos in dim, dark, dank, low viz fresh or salt water is a challenge.

While I am sure the G11 camera will do as well as any similar camera it sounds to me like you are more interested in video and should seriously consider a small video camera and not a still camera that can do so-so video.

N

Back
Top Bottom