Going to Blackberry DevConn, need a dive buddy Sept 30/Oct 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acwest

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As it says in the title, I am going to be in San Francisco for a Blackberry developers conference in the last week of September. It would be a pity if I get to an ocean and don't spend some time under it. I am looking for a few things: 1) suggestions on dive sites, particularly shore dives; 2) a dive buddy, or buddies; 3) suggestions on cheaper places to stay on Thursday and Friday nights, the hotel I am in during the week is about 250/night, and I suspect I can do better than that...
I am willing to do evening/night dives that week as well, but I do rather prefer to see a site before I dive it at night (at least when I can...)
I suppose I should add a little information about myself, too... I'm a DiveMaster from Canada with about 220 dives, so I have done more than my fair share of cold water diving. The majority of my dives are freshwater, in the Great Lakes, and various rivers and quarries, with one trip to the Caribbean for variety...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom