Going to Cancun in July:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbdqsony

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going to Cancun staying at Fiesta Americana Hotel (Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach. -Address Blvd Kukulcan Km 9.5 Lote 6 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500)

I have been looking for awesome Dive Operator, what is your highly recommendation.

Also is there dive site map that I can print?

Good area to do snorkeling?

Currently level OW... BUT am taking AOW/Rescue in May.

:ppd:

There are a few good snorkeling sites. Most of the good dive sites are at least a mile off the coast, so it's all boat diving.
We dove with Alvaro from AlwaysDiving.com last year. Great guy, excellent dives. We'll be down there again this year, diving with Manta Diving, and I'll post a review when we return.
Ben @ Scorprio Divers also gets lots of recommendations from people here. I emailed him the same time I emailed Manta, but got no reply. Maybe next year. :)

I just spoke with Scorpio Divers sound very friendly... good review so far... I like Manta Divers site but after reading the trip advisor it kinda scare me... but who know if other shop lurk into other shop to make them look bad...But I always put my reviews in trip advisor... Which package u picked?

Cancun information

this is an all purpose map and travel guide, tells you where everything is in the area - dive shops, reefs, hotels, restaurants, tourist attractions, taxi rates, food recommendations... worth every penny. Get it now and it will help you plan your trip.

robin:D

First off, I would highly recommend Ben and Jorge at Scorpio Divers. Excellent service, pick-up and delivery and great diving. Ben@scorpiodivers.com or Jorge@scorpiodivers.com.

Sorry to hear that Dirty-Dog. I can tell you this is highly unusual for Ben not returing emails. I'll have a chat with him and let him know about this. Both of those gents are very customer oriented.

I just spoke with Scorpio Divers sound very friendly... good review so far... I like Manta Divers site but after reading the trip advisor it kinda scare me... but who know if other shop lurk into other shop to make them look bad...But I always put my reviews in trip advisor... Which package u picked?

Well, we're diving with them for 8 or 9 days... we're doing the OW and AOW courses (we did a resort course and 8 OW dives last year, this year we did OW and AOW eLearning, so we just need to do dives) and then we're doing the "extreme" package, so we'll have two days (4 dives) OW, three days (6 dives) AOW, and then four days (8 dives) with two dives each Cenote, Wreck, Coz and Reef.

First off, I would highly recommend Ben and Jorge at Scorpio Divers. Excellent service, pick-up and delivery and great diving. Ben@scorpiodivers.com or Jorge@scorpiodivers.com.

Sorry to hear that Dirty-Dog. I can tell you this is highly unusual for Ben not returing emails. I'll have a chat with him and let him know about this. Both of those gents are very customer oriented.

From what I have seen here, I assumed it was not normal. Things occassionally get lost in the day to day chaos. I know for a fact that Sue and I will be in the neighborhood again, so we'll contact them another time. :)

You beat me to it!

Take Robin's advice and get the maps. They are pure gold and will save you a ton of time and money.

Robin- Many thanks for the link it's very helpful... I've decided to go with Scorpio Divers since they have hight reviews here at SB and I've spoke with them on phone and email... they're very nice and work with me on where I want to dive. I've decide to take.

3 tanks @ Cozumel
2 tanks @ Angelita or the Pit @ Cenotes
Whale Shark

Any another recommendation to dive at?

@Dirty-Dogs Call Scorpio Divers 011-(52) (998) 849-4050

Why I said this? Because yesterday I was doing comparison research I called both company Scorpio Divers. They both seem to be nice I called Manta back another guy didn't catch the name but seem to be rude somehow... everytime i ask question there's Sighs at the end... so I thanked them and hung up.

Scorpio Divers was very friendly, I have chosen 3 already.... but am looking for ONE more... something that is a MUST to dive at.

Their email is scorpiodivers@gmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom