Going to Cancun, need an event for a diver/non-diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are going to cancun. I'm a GUE certified diver(though I haven't dove in a few years due to injury so that technically has lapsed), but I am Advanced/Nitrox certified as well. My wife is not certified but is interested in trying it out for her first time! I'm super psyched, but have no idea what my options might be for something the two of us could do together. I'd be happy to stay in cancun or head to PDC for something. Can anyone make a suggestion?

If you are going to Cancun, I'd suggest you connect with Rodrigo Friscione at Solo Buceo dive shop in Cancun. Rodrigo's father started this shop in 1979 when Cancun was a still village. Rodrigo is also one of the founders of Pelagic Life, a loose group dedicated to marine conservation. Besides diving, Rodrigo can suggest a wide variety of adventures that the non-diving wife can enjoy or provide excellent training.

Hello lord1234
my name is Alvaro Gonzalez, I´m an scuba diving instructor, I´ve been teaching scuba diving and conducting groups of divers in this area of Mexico for over 32 years, I run AlwaysDiving which is located at Embarcadero Caribbean Carnival 6.5 km at the hotel zone of Cancun, we never take more than six diver at the time and if someone needs an special attention we provide it (No extra charge) I believe in make friends not customers, I´ll be more than glad to take care of you with your dives, we also provide all kind of activities in our facilities, such as parasailing, jungle tours, wave runners, snorkeling, etc.Round trip transportation from your hotel is included in all our dive trips.Take a look at Cancun Scuba Diving with Always Diving or check our videos in YouTube http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alwaysdiving+&oq=alwaysdiving+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=9750l9750l0l15703l1l1l0l0l0l0l156l156l0.1l1l0
Also look what fiends say about about us http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150807-d2154428-Reviews-AlwaysDiving_Water_Sports-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html
We can jump at the swimming pool with your wife to try, no cost, in case she like it she can take the Discovery Scuba Diving course (DSD) this is not a certification course however is part of it, this way you can dive together in a shallow reef or the underwater museum without taking the full certification course.
Hope to hear from you.

Best regards from the paradise.

My wife and I are going to cancun. I'm a GUE certified diver(though I haven't dove in a few years due to injury so that technically has lapsed), but I am Advanced/Nitrox certified as well. My wife is not certified but is interested in trying it out for her first time! I'm super psyched, but have no idea what my options might be for something the two of us could do together. I'd be happy to stay in cancun or head to PDC for something. Can anyone make a suggestion?

If you guys go to PDC, make sure to visit the fish spa in Wayan Village. When I was there in May, it was one of the highlights of our trip. The entire family loved it!

Also, ALUX restaurant, located in a cavern under PDC, is a great location for a romantic dinner.

Lord 1234,
My recommendation for your wife is the discover scuba diving program, it is a taste of diving done in a safe and fun environment.
It is a shallow dive with a descent line, you may dive the museum or coral reefs. 33ft max. depth.
Since you have not gone diving in a few years, it would be great to do a "refresher" at the same time your wife does her discover scuba program.
If you wish, click on the site and send me an email, our services are personalized and private no groups, only you both with an instructor for better prices than going with a group.
Happy diving.

Last edited:
If you decide to go as far south as Playa, take the boat across the water to Cozumel and check out Aldora Divers. I'm sure they do the discover scuba thing too. I have dove through their operation on three separate trips and never had a hitch. Call them and ask for Memo. Bruce

Back
Top Bottom