Going to Cozumel alone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe find a an OP that will allow 're-buddying' at low on air?

And you know if you saved his life, you owe him....

I heard that on Kung Fu.

Cvchief walks the earth like Cane. Gets in adventures.

Interesting view lionfish but there are dive ops with more than one boat.

Yes, and that is why I have been diving with aldora for many years. As much as I cheerlead for them, There are some divers I have crossed paths with that I would never send there. I have too much respect for what Dave, Memo and team built.

Yes - exactly! I agree with you!!! OMG - did the sea just part? :wink:
You're right, that sets a bad precedent. Can we change the subject to wetsuit storage?

---------- Post added April 16th, 2014 at 09:57 PM ----------

Although I don't normally like being paired with newbies or less experienced divers, I took the opportunity to pass along some observations and tips on how they could be better divers. The observations and tips were well received (delivery is everything), and I was thanked for my input.
I have found travelling alone to be rewarding. I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of great people from all over, and dive with people who have varying levels of experience. I have had the opportunity to learn some things from experienced divers, and the opportunity to help those with less experience. Overall I think I get the best of both worlds.
I agree that it can be rewarding to help those with less experience. When it's voluntary. If it's forced, it should be compensated.

I'm also speaking from the point of view of a photographer. The last thing I want is a buddy hanging around when I'm taking my time with a particular shot, and I certainly don't want to be watching out the corner of my eye and be distracted from my primary purpose of the dive. It's hard enough for me to keep my eye on the entire group lest they ditch me like they did on my last trip. Hopefully no dive ops force newbie buddies on an intent photographer who is paying a decent sum to take underwater photos in warm clear water. That might almost be grounds for murder.

---------- Post added April 16th, 2014 at 10:00 PM ----------

Yes, and that is why I have been diving with aldora for many years. As much as I cheerlead for them, There are some divers I have crossed paths with that I would never send there. I have too much respect for what Dave, Memo and team built.
Heh, at least you have the luxury of multiple boats. My reasons are more selfish. I'm afraid to refer anyone to my preferred dive op because I don't ever want to end up on the boat with them :wink:

All the real head cases? I refer them to Christi :blinking:

You're right, that sets a bad precedent. Can we change the subject to wetsuit storage?

---------- Post added April 16th, 2014 at 09:57 PM ----------

I agree that it can be rewarding to help those with less experience. When it's voluntary. If it's forced, it should be compensated.

I'm also speaking from the point of view of a photographer. The last thing I want is a buddy hanging around when I'm taking my time with a particular shot, and I certainly don't want to be watching out the corner of my eye and be distracted from my primary purpose of the dive. It's hard enough for me to keep my eye on the entire group lest they ditch me like they did on my last trip. Hopefully no dive ops force newbie buddies on an intent photographer who is paying a decent sum to take underwater photos in warm clear water. That might almost be grounds for murder.

---------- Post added April 16th, 2014 at 10:00 PM ----------

Heh, at least you have the luxury of multiple boats. My reasons are more selfish. I'm afraid to refer anyone to my preferred dive op because I don't ever want to end up on the boat with them :wink:

All the real head cases? I refer them to Christi :blinking:

Wow! You really are a nice guy - I amy have to give you a free spot for all of the referrals! I had you misjudged this whole time? Don't worry, I won't tell anyone!

Wow! You really are a nice guy - I amy have to give you a free spot for all of the referrals! I had you misjudged this whole time? Don't worry, I won't tell anyone!

So you are saying you have a lot of head cases. Here I had been trying to tell my wife I wasn't one, there goes that theory!!!!

Since I'll be diving solo, it's your responsibility to set me up with a buddy. I require a cute blonde female who has more dive experience than me. Bonus points if she lives on the island and knows how to cook.

You need to cook tequilla and margaritas? Who knew? smile
Since I'll be diving solo, it's your responsibility to set me up with a buddy. I require a cute blonde female who has more dive experience than me. Bonus points if she lives on the island and knows how to cook.

You need to cook tequilla and margaritas? Who knew? smile
Obviously that only takes care of dinner, though some guac would be nice as an appetizer. And there's an art to juicing limes ya know.

But I can't dive until I've had a full (non-alcoholic) breakfast in me.

Does she have to be blond..:D

buddy.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom