Going to Curacao soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubby-doo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are set to goto Curacao in June. will goto the Hulanda hotel when we arrive for 3 nights, and explore Willamstad. We like live music, jazz, carribean, and dancing to salsa , latin music. ANy recommendations for Fri, SAt night ?

THen we goto the Hulanda lodge for 5 nights for shore and boat diving.

Any recommendations for good dining ?

Also, do we need a car rental to goto dining at that end of the island ?

or is it better to get a taxi everywhere. Maybe we can we hire locals to drive us around like in Caico they beep their horn 2 times while passing you by to indicate they will offer you a ride for gas money.

We dive with OE west. should be great. any recommendations for local shore diving there on west end ?

The house reef at LKH is very good. Two different dives, to the left and to the right.

Yes, you should get a car.

Sol Food is great. Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening. We enjoyed Jaanchies. I understand there is a new restaurant open, Lanhuis Isltje(?). The restaurant at the Lodge was good as well.

The area in front of AllWest Apartments is a good shore dive as well.

I am sure Bryan or Andreas at OEW, even Sunshine at Sol Food can give you some other options on shore dives.

When will you be there as we will be there in June as well?

Otherwise, I got nothing.

In Willamstad, check out the Gouverneur 'De Rouville' restaraunt. Good food, romantic atmosphere, and after dinner you can go downstairs to a bar/disco.

Let Mark and Suzy handle the diving for you while you're on the rock. They're the bestest!

Kura Hulanda in the city is very nice and easy walking distance to a number of restaurants. If you are there on a Thursday, don't miss the Asian buffet at Jaipur. Outstanding!

Lodge KH is very, very cool. Would like to stay there longer when we return to Cur. House reef is killer.

One thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post: don't go to Hook's Hut. The owner is a major jerk and panders to the locals at the expense of the tourists.

I have video on youtube of you doing Irish dancing, Sunshine... be careful else I'll post it here!

(Send copious quantities of your chocolate brownies to the Dive Bus Hut immediately, else I'll do it... :wink: )

Do post, do post. that's ok we've seen all the dancing vids:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom