Going to georgetown grand cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIVERDANFOWLER

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going to georgetown via cruiseship in march and was considering doing some shore diving from the sunset house and thoughts or other reccomendations? please let me know.
Thanks
dan

If you're set on shore diving, Sunset House is nice and easy with good dives. I prefer DiveTech at Turtle Farm. Nice mini-wall there, lower impacts, great staff.

Have you considered arranging some independent boat dives instead? Neptunes Divers or Off the Wall are both good at accommodating cruise ship schedules.

Give Nick or Patrick a call at Red Baron Divers. They will pick you up off the boat and take good care of you. It will likely beat any shore dives you will do on your stop.

I have been very heapy over the past years with Divetech operator, which is at Cobalt Coast resort. It is north of 7 mile beach, much less crowded and can do unlimited shore diving from 2 locations on paid boat diving days. Check the websites and book via calling Arie or Dora for acommodation and Nancy for diving. They have packages and specials.
http://www.cobaltcoast.com

I went down there oct 2005 as instructors in training, our course director used to work there and knows the owner really well! We spent a month shore diving and boat diving through sunset house....AMAZING, definetly hit up sunset house, you wont be dissapointed, they have a nice pool you can relax at and there own bar and restaurant! Plus the diving is amazing and you can go out to stingray city, south end, etc... Let me know your final decision and when are you going?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom