Going To Krabi: Any Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

four_engines

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello All You Divers

I'm heading to the Thai town of Krabi in next January and would appreciate any suggestions or comments on where to stay and who to dive with.

I'll be there for 5 days so I'm not that keen to travel too far away from Krabi. That leaves Ko Lanta out.

I read that Ao Nang and Railey are popular. While Ao Nang is more commerialised and Railey is more rustic. Am I right to say that? What's your take on these 2 places?

I just need a hotel or resort with nice clean room with attached bathroom with hot shower.

Also, how about dive operators and dive sites? I'd only be doing day trips.

Thanks in advance!

F/E

[FONT=&quot]Krabi is stunning although Ao nang is getting commercial. I stayed on Naporratarra beach at next to Ao nang much more relaxed and cheaper.

Try scuba addicts in Ao Nang they do all the trips. They friendly and relaxed and will pick you up. www.scuba-addicts.com.

I found railey a bit of a pain as you can only get there by longtail boat so anything you want to see on the main land takes planning. Worth a day or so if you are into climbing.

[/FONT]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom