Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would you answer some questions on your rig and editing? (I'm thinking I need to make some UW videos for work, and looking for any tips I can get....)

1. Did you have a single Sea Dragon 2000 or a pair? (More?) Full power?
2. What are you using to edit the video?
3. Care to speculate on whether the filters would matter with the GoPro 7?

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

I used two Sea Dragon 2000s at full power. The best results that I got (in my opinion) was using the GoPro with just the Backscatter Dive filter. The first dive I was at 90 feet and tried using the Deep filter but for some reason the footage was really dark and fuzzy. I experimented a little bit using no filter and lights and then using the filter alone. This was my first dive with the GoPro 6 and it behaves differently than my GoPro 3 Black. It will probably take me a couple of more dives to get the settings and filter/light combos dialed in.

I am using Final Cut Pro to edit.

Haven't played around with or researched much on the GoPro 7 since I just got the 6 a couple of months ago and haven't used it as much as I would like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom