Good affordable dive skin or wetsuit brand that's neoprene free?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP

44556j

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a dive skin or wetsuit (1mm) that is in the affordable price range (under $150 but preferably $100 or less) that is neoprene free and environmentally friendly.

Thanks

Environmentally friendly and affordable usually don't go together.
Henderson wetsuits has something they call Greenprene but I don't know anything about them.

You might look at Sharkskin or the like. Fourth Element has non-neoprene stuff and they pride themselves on being environmentally aware, but they are not cheap.

I have both of the suits / skins below and use for any tropical temps that are 78F or higher. I actually prefer the less expensive Aqua Blue

No new garment is environmentally friendly. In particular the materials used are only a small fraction of the overall carbon footprint of the item. If that is the primary concern, then look for something used.

Otherwise, since a 1mm doesn't really provide temperature protection, I guess you are looking for protection from ouchy things in the water and the sun. In this case any rashguard type coverings will do. I use whatever random top I have and MMA/jujitsu rashguard pants because they are tough and cheap.

I've used these for example.

Hawk compression leggings

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom