Good, Authentic Local Restaurants on Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortola

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are looking for good, local, authentic restaurants on Bonaire; Meaning not the fanciest or best, just the ones that local people on Bonaire are most likely to frequent. I asked this question on a message board last year and got a lot of great responses including these:

• Mi Banana
  • El Fogon Latino
  • Eddie’s
  • Irie Jamaican Cuisine
  • Yhanni’s Arepas
  • Julian’s
  • Doner Station
  • Maike Snack (Saturday and Sunday lunch only)

For those who live on Bonaire or travel frequently, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

We are looking for good, local, authentic restaurants on Bonaire; Meaning not the fanciest or best, just the ones that local people on Bonaire are most likely to frequent. I asked this question on a message board last year and got a lot of great responses including these:

• Mi Banana
  • El Fogon Latino
  • Eddie’s
  • Irie Jamaican Cuisine
  • Yhanni’s Arepas
  • Julian’s
  • Doner Station
  • Maike Snack (Saturday and Sunday lunch only)

For those who live on Bonaire or travel frequently, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Pretty sure almost all of those were the same ones I got recommended about 4 years ago. I was happy with every one of them we tried. I don't remember hearing about Maike though

If you really mean local food, you need to take at least Doner Station off the list. Yes, lots of locals eat there, but it is hardly local food. Good, yes, just not local. Irie Jamaican Cuisine and Yhanni’s Arepas have a similar issue.

Haven’t been, but had lots of people say that Posada Para Mira, in Rincón, was a great local food spot.

Enthusiastically, Posada Para Mira. Family place, matriarch in the kitchen when we've been there. The [big plate of] goat stew might have a few pieces of bone in it. I think the hours might be a bit flukey.

Also, Eddy's is a favorite for us; Venezuelan(?) cuisine, but it's been there a long time and the food is great.

If you really mean local food, you need to take at least Doner Station off the list. Yes, lots of locals eat there, but it is hardly local food. Good, yes, just not local. Irie Jamaican Cuisine and Yhanni’s Arepas have a similar issue.
Thanks for the comment. Yes, we skipped Doner Station last year. I agree that Irie and Yanni's were not local cuisine, but they were very good and seemed to be frequented by a lot of local people. I guess I should have been more specific to say we are more interested in local ambiance.

Thanks for the comment. Yes, we skipped Doner Station last year. I agree that Irie and Yanni's were not local cuisine, but they were very good and seemed to be frequented by a lot of local people. I guess I should have been more specific to say we are more interested in local ambiance.
Ok, that's different. In that case I'd put Doner Station very high on the list, probably #2 behind Mi Banana. And add Bobbejans.

Ok, that's different. In that case I'd put Doner Station very high on the list, probably #2 behind Mi Banana. And add Bobbejans.
Doner station was good for sure. Also enjoyed the food trucks. But I totally forgot about Bobbejean's. We loved that place

We stay at Den Laman, Doner Station across the street along with Luciano's ice cream is just too much.

Liked that place alot. Fast, good, cheap.
However...the first time we were there, I fumbled my order, and I felt like George at the soup Nazi's on Seinfeld all damn week...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom