Good deal? Proper suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkluffy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Last edited:
Brrr...A drysuit is a drysuit and that is a wetsuit. For free diving you are going to want a wetsuit. Something that does both well, free diving and scuba diving is going to cost a lot of money. Like a custom M & B. There are people who dive in an off the shelf wetsuit but few who actually enjoy it. Most everyone switches to a drysuit at some point.

I have a brand new Whites Catalyst SE, in size XL I want to sell if anyone is interested.

Unfortunately, I think an XL would be too big for me. I'm about 6'0" and weigh about 165 lbs. Either way, I think my question has been answered. I need to keep looking. :)

Hi, again.

I'm really happy with my wetsuit for diving around here. It's a custom 7mm "semidry" from AquaFlite, a NorCal company. Custom Wetsuits, Scuba Diving Skins, Parkas from AquaFlite The cost was about the same as an off-the-rack suit (when you add in the hood) and I ordered it on a Monday and had on my doorstep by Friday the same week.

With cold water diving, fit becomes everything. The "best" suit that doesn't fit you won't keep you warm. Too much water will come in and out with each movement. I firmly believe that custom is the way to go, unless you happen to have an off-the-rack body.

Check them out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom