Good Dive computer that scales to tech diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're going to want to get a set of double 130's to go with this. It's so conservative that you're going to be in the water forever at the shallow deco stops when you get into technical diving.

I suggest the Shearwater Petrel or the Liquivision Xeo.

Had a Liquivision XEO and found it hard to read, particularly in sunlight and battery life was average. Changed over to Shearwater Petrel and am very happy. Easy to read and battery life is good and cheap to replace with plenty of options. It also appears cheaper than the XEO (in OZ anyway) Bought one for wife as well.

We use the Petrel, and as a gauge/data recording/compass/SPG use our PP2 on left side and Brass SPG on right side as backup.

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 12:56 PM ----------

I answer this question week after week after week, and when it's all said and done, week after week after week, the same computer gets purchased. Do a simple search on best computer for tech and the answer will always be the same. And it's the same now. If you want the simplest to use, easiest to read, backed by the best customer service on the planet of any company anywhere on a computer you'll never be able to outgrow, then buy a Shearwater Petrel.

As I said before... No one has ever said, "I really wish I had bought XYZ computer instead of this Shearwater." But people every day post on one forum or another that they wished they had saved their money and bought a Shearwater instead of whatever computer they have. Buy one, if you don't like it, I will publicly eat my shorts.

If Op doesn't like it I will eat your shorts as well "Not"

Uwatec Bottom Timer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom