Good dive roller bag with durable wheels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP, if you’re willing to go with a cart rather than a rolling gear bag, I highly recommend this. I use it. Can handle 2 tanks with gear bag on top easily. I use mine for hauling tanks and gear weekly. Worth every penny.

Hi
If you want something you can store easily in your small flat, just take a strong soft bag and a separate two wheel foldable trolley.
Modulable, convenient and strong :)

I’m looking for a good-sized dive roller with durable wheels to take on local dives that require a 20 min walk on pavement and cobblestone. Most recommendations for dive rollers seem to be based on the roller’s ability to be checked on aircraft, but perhaps less so about how well the wheels hold up in non-tiled-airport-floor conditions. Ideally the bag can be somewhat collapsible as well since I live in a small flat with limited storage.

I was looking around and the dive rollers I’ve found seemed to get bad reviews in regards to durability, OTOH, I’ve found a good number of reviews for golf bags since they seem to be built for dragging around outdoor terrain all day, and they seem to be the right size. Has anyone considered/tried those?
I got one of these for cave diving and have used it a few times without destroying it. It’s not a roller duffle you can fly with but it will carry two Hp 100’s and an Al 40, along with the rest of my stuff for this goofy sport.

Attachments

• 3E9BAE3A-F225-4C3D-9FEE-5292074C98A9.jpeg
    3E9BAE3A-F225-4C3D-9FEE-5292074C98A9.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 72
I got away from the branded dive rolling bags...too expensive and the quality and durability were just not there. I have been through at least half a dozen travel dive bags and finally settled on this one:

Eagle Creek Cargo Hauler 110 liter. The link: CARGO HAULER WHEELED DUFFEL 110L

I have literally taken mine around the world a few times: Red Sea, Malaysia, Thailand, Maldives, Honduras, Belize, Bonaire, Mexico

It rolls great. It is tough as heck. It is mostly water resistant. I can get all of my dive gear in there with all the clothes and stuff I need for a trip.....OR: I can get my wife's and my dive gear in one bag with little room for anything else

Attachments

• 1658249463529.png
    1658249463529.png
    441.8 KB · Views: 93
Have you considered a cart, my wife and I bought a gorilla cart for $100, we put all our stuff in it, 2 air tanks, bcd‘s, etc and pull it to where ever we need to go. The large wheels roll over uneven terrain, the cart is not very heavy and it’s very convenient to carry the air tanks, etc. Here is what we use:- you could just put your gear in a regular bag and then put the bag in the cart and pull it to wherever you need it!! Just an idea..

Gary

I got away from the branded dive rolling bags...too expensive and the quality and durability were just not there. I have been through at least half a dozen travel dive bags and finally settled on this one:

Eagle Creek Cargo Hauler 110 liter. The link: CARGO HAULER WHEELED DUFFEL 110L

I have literally taken mine around the world a few times: Red Sea, Malaysia, Thailand, Maldives, Honduras, Belize, Bonaire, Mexico

It rolls great. It is tough as heck. It is mostly water resistant. I can get all of my dive gear in there with all the clothes and stuff I need for a trip.....OR: I can get my wife's and my dive gear in one bag with little room for anything else
Hi Kyle,

I was wondering whether the inner layer is also water resistant or not, since I need to carry my wet gear back home when I finish my dive.

Thanks

Hi Kyle,

I was wondering whether the inner layer is also water resistant or not, since I need to carry my wet gear back home when I finish my dive.

Thanks
Yes, You can put wet gear in this bag and the "wet" stays inside the bag.

I am also in the Team Eagle Creek. Using the Expanse Roll Duffle 100l I am completly satiesfied and so far I have not had to make use of the "No Matter What" guarantee

Back
Top Bottom