Good dive shop in east bay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emttim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I'm moving soon to San Ramon and I was curious what everyone thought was a good dive shop in that area to go to. I'm particularly interested in how good they are at servicing gear. I took my gear for the annual service to one dive shop in Sunnyvale and I'm not convinced anything was done to them so obviously I want to try to avoid that. I know there's a really big dive shop in Santa Clara too but the owner is a prick and the shop is ridiculously overpriced anyway so I don't want to go there. Anyone know of a good shop? :)

Check out Captain Aquas in Hayward, they used to have a Dublin location but closed it recently. They do excellent regulator repairs, can repair nearly any make and model, have a decent turnaround time and offer great service. In fact other dive shops in the Bay Area bring their customer's regs there for service. Prices are average, 60 for labor plus parts, usually around 40 bucks (depending on your reg). They also fill nitrox and repair drysuits.

By the way welcome to the area, Im in neighboring Danville, PM me if you are looking for a buddy sometime.

The east bay has seen a number of shops close in the last year. Captain Aquas in Hayward, Nautilus in Concord and Dive N Trips in Pleasanton, are my recommendations in that order.

The Anchor Shack in Pacheco (Concord/Pleasant Hill) is a PADI shop (I see you have PADI certs). I teach there and have my regs serviced there. The guy they send the regs out to for servicing has done a great job on my gear. Since you are a DM you might talk to Kevin or John about DM'ing there. Anchor Shack SCUBA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom