Good dive spots in the UAE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VikramGopinath

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi I just have a basic open water license and want to do a leisure one day dive. Il be in the UAE (probably Abu Dhabi and Dubai only) on the 1st of April for around a week. Please recommend some good spots to check out and their costs. I have no diving equipment. Thanks so much. I heard the dive spots at Oman are pretty good ?
Please advice.
Thanks in advance :D

+1 on what Benzonar says above regarding Divers Down, best operator on the east coast.

However if you are on a limited budget and need transport over the to the east coast then Al Boom might be your best option but be prepared to be treated as part of a herd.

Water here is still cold (23C) so don't expect anything more than a 3mm suit to rent either.

No real idea of costs as I have all of my own gear, but you could be looking at somewhere around $150-200 for an east coast day trip in 2-5M of visibility including rental gear with Al Doom ... sorry Al Boom.

Oman is good but you are not going to manage that in a day unless you are lucky to book something on a Friday trip to Musandam that includes transport from Dubai

When I was popping in & out of Dubai monthly last year I dived with Al Boom twice...rode in their small bus for 2 hour trip each way. Not very comfortable. Plus if you are not staying at hotel fairly close to their shop in Central Dubai, then you have to take a taxi to the shop + pay for the small bus with bench seats. It is OK but not the greatest. Al Boom's dive staff was also less than adequate. Bring a lunch with you and don't expect the boat staff to talk with you during the surface interval or show you much. I had my own kit so not much to say there.

When I dove with Diver Downs, for about $25 US more than Al Boom's bus, DD hired a private car to pick me up at my hotel and bring me back each night. Very relaxing and enjoyed the nap in both directions. The service level at DD was great...Karin (aka Aquamarin on Scubaboard) always had a cup of tea waiting for you after each dive. When coming from Dubai most dives are a morning 2-tank this allows for the 2-hour trip back to Dubai; if you want a 3-tank dive day (2 morning + 1 afternoon) then the private car can accommondate that schedule for you.

Highly suggest you contact Diver Down and prearrange your trip(s). Great diving in the UAE - Divers Down UAE - Divers Down UAE - SCUBA Diving on the East Coast of the UAE in the Miramar Hotel

I also dived at the Atlantis in Dubai...save your money and go to the East side...nothing to see there but muddy water and a bunch of shopping malls.

Cheers,

~Oldbear~

My son and I be diving with Divers Down on March 30. Many thanks to Searcaigh and Karin (Aquamarin) & Karen at Divers Down for helping me arrange everything.

Back
Top Bottom