good diver operator in Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
We're going to be in Playa del Carmen in mid July. Can anyone recommend a good tour operator? We'll be traveling with our 13 year old daughter and this is her first dive trip--we want it to be great for her. We want to do one day of the cenotes and two days of reef.

I've heard good things about tank-ha, we used scuba caribe and had no issues at all.

My favorites dive operators in PDC are Geofish, The Abyss and Tankha. I did 24 dives with Geofish this winter and was very happy. Very few divers on the boat and a good ratio of DMs to divers. Flexible about dive sites and friendly,professional staff.

I just got back today from PDC. I dived two days with Diversity Diving and found the service exceptional. I was picked up at my resort on time each day and then they paid for a taxi to return me to the resort. Did ocean dives, 2 tanks, one day with Louis "NoNo" as the DM with one other diver on the boat. Then did two Cenote dives with Phillipe as the DM and I was the only diver. On the ocean dives there were other boats in the area but none with only 2 paying divers aboard. Let me warn you that the boat ride to the site is quick as it is not far offshore. Don't let yourself get rushed in preparing your equipment. The Cenote dives included the entrance fee and lunch, a sandwich. We got there before any other divers, got the best set up spot and were first in the water with no rushing.

I've had good luck with Tank-Ha and Dive Mike.

Back
Top Bottom