Good Friday Weekend In Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arabianply

Registered
Reaction score
Hi People,

I'm thinking of going to Rayong area for some diving and I appreciate any good tips and ideas about that place.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,
Sorry I never heard about Rayong, actually where location?

How did you find it?

Jason
arabianply:
Hi People,

I'm thinking of going to Rayong area for some diving and I appreciate any good tips and ideas about that place.

Thanks,
Tom

I'm gonna try Koh Kood this weekend (leaving today, in fact). It's further south than Rayong/K. Samet/K. Chang, but hopefully more pristine. I'll be diving with Ploy Scuba, who have several shops in the general area.

Yor nearest choice will be Laem Mae Phim which is just beyond ban Phae. Search the web for "Villa Bali" 038638080, also there is also Toy divers 014514862 or 038638146. You can also dive these sites from some of the hotels on Koh Samet.

The area has a sometimes spectacular site called Hinpleung/Hin Alhambra.

Better to contact them b4 going as they will only take the boat out if they have guaranteed number of divers otherwise you will have to rent the boat (its cheap to rent the boat [about 200-250 US] as this is a very quiet area).

If you need a guide dive tell them b4 hand as guides and Dms are not provided unless you ask b4.

About the same distance is Samaesan, known for the Harddeep wreck as well> you can dive that through Ray divers (just turn up at the pier early or phone 014896704) or by arranging through on the many Pattaya dive ops that have boats there.

The whole area is susceptable to rain water runoff, so we are now at the very backend of the "season" (although diving is year round and you can still get good days in the rainy season). Best time to dive are November through May.

I dive this area quite a lot.

Btw - its Songkhran weekend so all the boats will be operating but phone first to make sure they are not full. I will be doing my usual Songkhran thing and locking the doors and holing up inside.

Back
Top Bottom