Good general purpose wet suit thickness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must have a screw loose. I do 80 ft dives in a 3/2. Bottom temp low 50's with a 30 minute bottom time and stay comfortable the entire dive.

It sounds like, while there is no silver bullet, the 5mm is sounding reasonably appealing as far as bang for your buck is concerned. This open-cell suit is interesting as well. I do think I would be well served to do some more research on water temps at depth for my longer list of hopeful destinations.

What is a good resource for finding out typical water temps at depth for various places? What about for current-ish temps? Before one of my previous PNW dives, I found the NOAA buey site, but the numbers it indicated for 10ft seemed to have no relationship to our 40-60' dives.
This link will take you to water temps in Cozumel, but the website can be navigated to other locations: Sea temperature Cozumel in August. Cozumel sea surface temperature in August. North America Quintana Roo Mexico.

My 5mm vote is for Bare Evoke for the women and Bare Reactive for the guys. Same suit, just different name. Love mine. I have it in 3,5,7.

Concur with @Marie13 - When I spoke earlier about "quality" wetsuit, I had this BARE line of wetsuits in mind. And to @USMC CPL. - Thank you for your service to our country! Words are not enough! And yes, you are a freak of nature if you are diving in low 50's with a 3/2 - :wink:

Concur with @Marie13 - When I spoke earlier about "quality" wetsuit, I had this BARE line of wetsuits in mind. And to @USMC CPL. - Thank you for your service to our country! Words are not enough! And yes, you are a freak of nature if you are diving in low 50's with a 3/2 - :wink:
Ty. Yes when I first dove lake Mohave in Feb surface temp was 60's give or take hit 80 and it was low 50's. I enjoy diving so maybe it blocks out the cold.

I'm also a fan of the 5mm. Good one with good fit and some sort of seals around all the holes. Not a full blown semidry, but better then just a hemmed cuff. That has taken me from water in the 60s all the way up to I just leave the suit off and dive in shorts. I recentlly added a shorty but probably don't really need it. If the 5mm isn't warm enough, the drysuit comes out.

I've been running the same Henderson aquaseal (others make stuff about the same) for close to 5 years now. Fit is good, nice stretch. Do have a hooded vest for the cooler stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom