"Good Morning America Weekend" to Feature the Oriskany (April 27th)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
FYI.... set your TIVO's.

from \"Good Morning America Weekend\" to Feature the Oriskany | pnj.com | Pensacola News Journal

"Good Morning America Weekend" to Feature the Oriskany

“Good Morning America Weekend” will take viewers on an underwater tour of retired aircraft carrier USS Oriskany Sunday, April 27, on the ABC network.

The feature will be the first of a series dubbed “Weekend Adventure,” which also includes other U.S. destinations, such as El Capitan in Yosemite National Park.

The Oriskany feature is expected to close the show on Sunday.

MBT Divers hosted the film crew, and staff member Scott Bartel led them on a narrated tour using underwater audio equipment.

The dive explored depths to about 120 feet and included some of the more popular sites visited by recreational divers such as the carrier’s bridge, the captain’s cabin and the primary flight control area.

In addition to viewing the historic ship, the Good Morning America feature will allow viewers to see a variety of underwater inhabitants of the world’s largest artificial reef.

“Good Morning America Weekend” is a national newscast broadcasting from 7 to 8 a.m. each Saturday and Sunday on the ABC network.​

I think they spent more time debating whether an electric toothbrush was better than a standard toothbrush than they did on the Oriskany but it was still fun to see some narrated footage.

Was a nice little article though. Makes me want find the time to get there. ......Hmmmmm, didn't see any line being pulled in that overhead environment. just picking. Was a nice tour. Narration was a really cool touch. Nice to see national TV showing a positive article. They tend to only report the negative things in our sport.

It was decent, but I expected them to show more...

when they showed the pic of the flight deck, it looked like it was covered in white rocks or maybe shells? anyone else notice that?

I missed it, can anyone post any of the video from the show???.TIA......

Thanks for the link. I'm more excitedabout my trip trip out to the "Big O" this weekend.

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to dive it in Late May...depending on the seas and if we have enough folks who want to go...

Thanks for the link...I was driving back from diving in Balmorhea when it aired (and I don't have a DVR :shakehead: yet).

This is a goal of mine. I would love to dive the BIG "O". I have a friend that lives in Pace FL so I don't have to worry about a place to stay.

Back
Top Bottom