good news for UWL-04 52-67 on Fix housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here are some new pics that fisheye did put on his internet site , clearly the UWL-04 in 52-67 form seems to be a winner !!:)

http://www.fisheye-jp.com/works_lens/index.html

I believe the UWL-04 (threaded 52/67) will be the widest but they have not put the domes on either the Inon Type II or 100-28AD. From personal experience, the dome corrector significantly widens the FOV and enhances the performance of both of these lenses. My bet is they will be as wide as the UWL-04 ST mount.

I believe the 165AD-FE is being held to far away with their 28AD adapter and may do better with my adapter on a 67mm mount, my opinion based on what little testing I have accomplished with my FIX90 housing.

It looks like the 52/67 threaded FIX UWL-04 provides the widest view and that the ST mount UWL-04 is second (thus far) as it requires a touch of zoom. This indicates to me the the ST mount and the 28AD mounts may not be optimal yet.

I think I am going with the 67mm mount. Maybe latter pick up the AD mount.

I believe the dome ports on the Inon lenses will bring them nearly as wide as the UWL-04 but we will just see. I have to get an adapter, where?

I still think the Inon 165AD FE can be coaxed into being a good lens with this housing.

The important thing to not loose sight of here is that there are numerous lenses, some individuals may already own, that will provide useful and significant increases in FOV not to mention the macro end also, this is all very exciting for S90 people.

N

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom